Friday, January 13, 2012

End of the week

It's been a rough week to 'balance', but now that I am at home and on NyQuil (for the cold)I can say there are so many blessings in life amidst the sea of terrors.

Counting blessings has become a huge part of emotional balance for me. I am trying to not let my temper go, but instead see a blessing in disguise or at least an opportunity to pray. Do I execute this perfectly? No. I am trying though.

One story from this week comes to mind. B needed help getting her snow gear on. She was getting impatient with me and under her breath stated I was the worst nanny ever! Well, I had many options of reprimand to choose from, but given my health and vitality at this point in the day I let that one pass. However, while the kids were playing in the snow I thought it would be good to shovel out my car. A few minutes into my windshield scraping there were a few extra hands ands shovels voluntarily helping me free Flo, my car. What a blessing, to have two children forsake their ice fort in order to help the scorned nanny dig out her Flo.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment