Tuesday, January 3, 2012

bodies have feelings too.

day two: STILL EXCITED....however....not as easy as it looks. 

Today, I started my life again. I'm back with the kids, back to running errands, and toilet cleaning, and potty training, and dog walking, and chicken baking, and homework tears drying, and little teeth brushing, and bed tucking, AND FINALLY....candelit yoga-ING. :) 

It is always great to end my day with vinyasa flow. It is meditative while it secretly kicks your ass. 

During class, I listened to my instructor speak from a book she has committed to reading every day this year as a part of a resolution list.  While relaxing in child's pose, she spoke to us of the conversations we consistently have with our bodies. Whether direct or passive our words and actions tell our bodies what we think of them. 

Frustration. Through this word or emotion, we tell our bodies and souls we are frustrated with them. 

Energy. Through this word, emotion, and action we provide a force that flows through all realms of mind, body, and spirit. 

For today, I choose to speak highly of and kindly to my temple. I choose to be thankful for the body I posses by cherishing and challenging it through weakness and strength. 

After all, bodies have feelings too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment